The SDK Integration can be tested by either setting your integration to test mode for certain devices or by using the Test Adspots provided by VMAX.
Validating the SDK Integration
- After downloading, extract the archive to a folder.
- Navigate to the folder IntegrationApps and place one or more APK files in it for validation.
- Open SDKIntegrationValidator.exe. The result of this validation is saved in the file log.txt located in the folder logs. After evaluating and fixing the bugs if any, you should proceed with the on-device testing.
Enabling the Test Mode
- In the Adspot Manage page, under Ad Source Distribution, click Manage Promotions.
- Activate the checkbox to Enable Test Mode Settings.
- In Test Mode Settings, enable Agency Campaigns or Ad Networks, or both.
In Ad Networks, choose one or more ad networks and a fallback network.
Adding Test Devices
The SDK allows you to set one or more devices as test devices by passing their AdvertisingID to the SDK. You can add test devices using the setTestDevices (int testMode, String… testDeviceIds) method which allows comma separated ids as parameters.
To add test devices
adView.setTestDevices(int testMode, String... testDeviceIds);
- VmaxADView.TEST_via_ADVID (1) this means the second argument should be Google Advertisement ID. This is for VMAX Test Ads
- VmaxADView.TEST_via_ID_FROM_NETWORKS (2) this means the second argument should be hashed ID displayed in logcat by mediation partner Admob or Facebook. Make sure to comment this before going live.
- VmaxADView.TEST_FOR_ALL_DEVICES (3) this means the second argument should be null so as to enable test mode for all devices. Make sure to comment this before going live.
Note: Majority of Mediation partners support test mode via their respective interface. Except Admob,Facebook and Unity Ads. Hence above function will help you to enable test mode for Vserv Ads, Admob Ads, Facebook Ads and Unity ADs
Each Device’s AdvertiserID can be seen in its Developer Options screen, in addition the SDK displays the device’s AdvertiserID in the log under the tag “vmax”.