Enabling Ads in your app is a two-part process. First you need to create an adspot in VMAX and enter the relevant information. The second step is to integrate the VMAX SDK or Unity plugin with your existing app.
Create an Adspot
An adspot is a unique identifier that contains information such as the type of ad, software platform, and mediation partners. This helps VMAX identify and serve the best possible ads.
To create a new adspot
- Open the Apps & Adspots tab.
- Choose Setup New Adspot to open the wizard. This will guide you through the adspot creation process in three easy steps.
Step 1: Choose Type
- In Select Platform, select the operating platform of the app with which you wish to integrate this adspot.
- In Choose Adspot Type, select an ad type. For icon and tile, chose Native Content Stream as the ad type.*
- Click Next Step to link this adspot to an app or Finish Setup to just create the adspot with the existing information.
Step 2: Submit Apps
Here, you can associate this adspot with one or more apps.
- If the app exists in the existing app list, add it using the icon or click Add New App to add a new one.
- Under Package Name, enter the package name, click the Look Up link to search for this app in the existing app list, and add it using the icon.
- Once you’ve added all the apps that you wish to associate with this adspot, click Next Step to add a mediation partner or Finish Setup to just create the adspot with the existing information.
Step 3: Configure Networks
Here, you can associate this adspot with one or more mediation partners based on the chosen ad format.
- In the yield optimizer, choose Manual or Auto. In Manual mode, you can define the weightage** for each mediation partner while in Auto mode (recommended), mediation partners giving the best eCPM are given more weightage by VMAX.
- Add one or more mediation partners by clicking the adjacent icon.
- For the added mediation partners, you need to provide keys and account info. Note that this information is mandatory for auto mode.
- Click Finish Setup.
*If you plan to use AdMob, it is recommended that you choose S002 as the template id in the AdMob dashboard to show native in-feed ads and L006 ad the template id in the AdMob dashboard to use native content stream, tile, or icon ads.
Read more on working with adspots here. Once you are done with creating adspots, the next step is to integrate the VMAX SDK or Unity Plugin with your app. For more information on integration, please see the VMAX documentation for your platform here.