Validating the SDK Integration
- After downloading, extract the archive to a folder.
- Navigate to the folder IntegrationApps and place one or more APK files in it for validation.
- Open SDKIntegrationValidator.exe. The result of this validation is saved in the file log.txt located in the folder logs. After evaluating and fixing the bugs if any, you should proceed with the on-device testing.
Enabling the Test Mode
- In the Adspot Manage page, under Ad Source Distribution, click Manage Promotions.
- Activate the checkbox to Enable Test Mode Settings.
- In Test Mode Settings, enable Agency Campaigns or Ad Networks, or both.
In Ad Networks, choose one or more ad networks and a fallback network.
Adding Test Devices
- Keep it disabled – to disable test mode for all devices with this build
- For all devices – to enable test mode for all devices with this build
- Matching Advertiser ID – specify one or more advertiser IDs (comma-separated) to enable test mode on these devices
- Matching Device ID* from Network – specify the Device ID provided by AdMob or hash ID provided by Facebook Audience Network
Depending upon the selected option, the plugin will give you a code snippet that you can add to your project to enable test mode. Add test devices using the setTestDevices (int testMode, String… testDeviceIds) api which allows comma separated ids as parameters.
vmaxplugin.setTestDevices(int testMode, String testDeviceIds);
where the possible test mode values are as follows
vmaxAdView.setTestDevices(VmaxAdView.TEST_FOR_ALL_DEVICES,null); // To enable testing on all devices
vmaxAdView.setTestDevices(VmaxAdView.TEST_via_ADVID,""); // To enable testing on all devices with the specified advertiser ids
vmaxAdView.setTestDevices(VmaxAdView.TEST_via_ID_FROM_NETWORKS,""); // To enable testing on all devices with the specified network ids
Note: Majority of Mediation partners support test mode via their respective interface. Except Admob,Facebook and Unity Ads. Hence above function will help you to enable test mode for Programmatic Ads, Admob Ads, Facebook Ads and Unity ADs
Each Device’s AdvertiserID can be seen in its Developer Options screen, in addition the SDK displays the device’s AdvertiserID in the log under the tag “vmax”.