The Xcode plugin has been designed to reduce the time taken by developers to integrate the VMAX iOS SDK into Xcode projects. With a few simple steps to setup the plugin, integrating the VMAX iOS SDK and Mediation is easier than ever.
- Xcode 7.X
- Mac running OS X version 10.10.4 or later
- The earliest VMAX iOS SDK supported is v3.5.11
Note: The plugin is ONLY intended to be used with final Xcode 7 releases. Using the plugin other Xcode releases or beta Xcode releases is not recommended.
Installing the plugin
- Quit Xcode
- Copy the VMaxSDKPlugin.xcplugin file to the following directory on your Mac:
- Re-open Xcode, you will be prompted with a dialog asking whether you want to load or skip (default selected option) the bundle installation; choose ‘Load Bundle’
In Xcode, select ‘Product’ from the main menu; then select VMAX SDK Integrator
The integrator will ask you to allow the downloading of the VMAX iOS SDK from VMAX website. Allow it, this is a one time process.
On completion, the Xcode project which was active when the VMAX SDK Integrator was selected from Product menu is selected. Click Browse to select another project if needed. Click Next.
On the Next screen, add one or more mediation partners supporting the different ad formats. By default, none are selected. To add a mediation partner:
- Click the plus (+) button next to the desired ad format(s)
- Select the checkbox on the left of the mediation partner
Note: To remove a mediation partner, click the minus (-) button next to each mediation partner. Click ‘View Code’ to view the invocation code for the ad format.
- Click Next. Drag and drop the integrator icon onto your Xcode Project navigator window (Shortcut: Command + 1). The integrator will copy the VMAX iOS SDK & mediation partner adapter files into the project directory. Click Finish in Xcode when prompted.
- Click Next in the integrator. You will see the list of System Frameworks required for the mediation partners and the SDK.
- Navigate to Project > Target > Build Phases > Link Binary With Libraries > Click + to add the listed frameworks.
- Click Next in the integrator & complete the required settings as shown in Xcode.
Tip: The copy button in the integrator will copy the setting to Clipboard for easier pasting in Xcode.
- Click Finish in the integrator
The next step is to request ads.
Important Note: As you have already added the mediation partner files, you do not need to add them again as mentioned here. Post adding the code for requesting ads, move on to the section for testing the integration.